New York, NY
Date Posted: October 5, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 284000
Our client is looking for a Real Estate Accountant for a 2+ month position in New York, NY.
Under limited supervision, applies cash and accrual accounting principles to prepare, analyze, maintain and deliver complete and accurate financial reports for a moderately complex portfolio of clients, projects and properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes intermediate to advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages.
- Creates and posts journal entries.
- Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Preparation of invoices, reconciliations, check requests and allocations.
- Enters invoices, commitments and change orders into PM Web.
- Generates and reviews monthly project cost reports for accuracy and identifies reasons for budget / anticipated cost variances.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting.
- Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements.
- Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting for assigned property portfolio, new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Assists in training team members on portfolio specific transitions.
- Monitors scope of services delivered and provides feedback to manager regarding any changes in scope.
- Coordinates work with other team members within single point-of-contact (SPOC) guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of two years prior accounting, finance or related experience required.
- Experience with real estate accounting software preferred.