Salary: Up to $18 per hour DOE
Date Posted: November 21, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 284052
$15 to $18 DOE
The payroll specialist will use their proficiency in payroll administration and practices to ensure accurate compliance with payroll laws and regulations.
Responsibilities – Payroll Specialist
- Delivers payroll services to various client companies
- Accurately analyzes payroll data supplied by clients.
- Accurately inputs and balances payroll data.
- Accurately analyzes payroll reports for distribution to clients.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, regulations and best practices.
- Provides customer focused interaction with clients via phone, email and in person.
- Communicates accurate information to ensure understanding by recipient to include internal teammates and external clients.
- Provides ongoing and timely communication to payroll teammates, payroll supervisor and service teams on the status of relationship with client.
- Alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to the maintenance of the client relationship.
- Customer satisfaction and retention – responsible for supporting client satisfaction indicators via quality service checks among clients and service observations performed by supervisor to ensure client satisfaction.
- Supports quality of service and client termination data. Interfaces with Manager, HR Services and Corporate departments.
- Strategic thinking – probes, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, related services and day-to-day operations for assigned clients.
- Business level consulting - understands a business’ financial operation relating to payroll and accounting for small to mid-sized business operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective to make business decisions and gives guidance to clients.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Requirements – Payroll Specialist:
- 1+ years recent payroll processing experience.
- Must be proficient with computers and payroll software
- College degree preferred
- Must be willing to submit to thorough background check and drug screen