Date Posted: October 6, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 284119
Established pharmaceutical company located in Queens, NY seeks a Director of Supply Chain.
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for the strategy and operations of the Supply Chain. In this role, you will direct and coordinate release based raw materials and purchased parts procurement activities to limit costs, maximize profitability, and improve customer service. Also, responsible for continuous improvement by examining existing procedures and opportunities to streamline activities to meet production needs.
The incumbent will have minimum 10+ years of Operations, Supply Chain & Logistics experience in the pharmaceutical industry. BS/BA Degree required, however MBA preferred.
Main functions include but not limited to:
- Creates key metrics for assessing effectiveness of supply chain, implement changes
- Ensures development & integration of internal & external supply chain relationships
- Develop, implement and execute strategic vision for supply chain
- Oversee/Manage supply chain systems, programs & processes
- Implement new policies, procedures and systems to improve operations
- Drive new product launches, audit release date plans, monitor timelines & necessary federal approvals
- Manage raw packaging material purchases, negotiate pricing & terms/contracts
Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite & SAP
Experience with ERP, MPS and SOP knowledge greatly helpful
APICS certification strongly preferred
Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits package