Date Posted: March 12, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 284708
Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of Shipping and Receiving departments,coordinating the activities of employees for material handling, shipping, storage and transportation.
- Overseeing incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments
- Determining work procedures, preparing work schedules and expediting workflow
- Determining shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Arranging transportation that optimizes service and cost
- Inspecting incoming materials and notifying appropriate staff of potential quality issues
- Inspecting loading operations to ensure compliance with specifications
- Directing movement of shipments to appropriate work areas
- Ensuring shipping area is organized and clean at all times and meets all compliance factors
- Investigating and solving customer problems and issues
- Compiling and maintaining applicable metrics as required
- Must have experience with Excel.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Good Communication and written skills are a Must.
- Must be flexible with schedule due to peak seasons.
PrideStaff hiring requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US documents in your possession
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to provide at least 3 business references from prior employers