Date Posted: November 1, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 284843
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our Plano based client targeting a Senior Tax Accountant to join their growing team. Direct Hire!
Relaxed culture that encourages collaboration, this is an exciting opportunity close to the Shops @ Legacy!
This position is for candidates with public tax accounting expertise wanting to transition in to corporate OR for candidates with corporate tax experience!
- Responsible for federal and state income tax returns and compliance activities, research relating to tax accounting matters, and oversight for Audits.
- Preparation of other miscellaneous indirect tax files.
- Consolidations with the parent company, quarterly estimated filings and payments and assist with the ASC740 provision work papers.
- Organize work effectively to meet deadlines
- Research and analyze complex tax issues
- Perform with the highest degree of professional standards
- Take ownership of projects and actions
- Proactively communicate with clients and staff to build trust and foster meaningful partnerships
- Develops knowledge personally as well as the skills of subordinate staff
- Effectively delegates task to staff and takes responsibility for them completing work
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency in current federal, relevant international and state income tax laws and regulations
- Assist in gathering information, researching tax issues and drafting formal responses to federal and state audit requests
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of corporate/public accounting tax experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge is preferred.
- Must possess strong MS Excel and analytical skills
- Multi-state income tax experience is required.
- Detail-oriented with a strong desire to manage a process.
TAX ACCOUNTANT * TAX ANALYST * SENIOR TAX ANALYST * CORPORATE INCOME TAX * ASC740