Salary: $20.00-22.00 / hr + health benefits
Date Posted: October 13, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285010
Help Desk Support Specialist - Dunwoody, GA
Hours: 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
Excellent Temp-to-Hire Opportunity!!
Job Summary- As a member of a team that provides technical support for the business operations of a nationwide corporate and manufacturing company, a Help Desk Support Specialist is responsible for installing, maintaining, and supporting client PCs and printers; troubleshooting data network and VOIP communication issues; and tracking break/fix information in a centralized incident tracking system. The structure of the team is designed with flexibility in mind, giving members of the team opportunities to undertake higher level tasks and projects.
- Install, maintain, and support the operation of network printers, Windows based workstations and laptops, and a nation-wide VOIP telecommunications system.
- Install and configure all client applications on new and existing laptops and desktops
- Receive all initial client support requests in a helpdesk environment and log all calls and incidents into an incident tracking database
- Identify and solve hardware and software problems through systematic troubleshooting and provide simple instructions to end-users for problem resolution
- Recommend IT procedures and processes to IT management to help the efficiency of systems
- Escalate issues to appropriate individuals when necessary
- Provide changes to documentation to IT staff and management
- Participate in writing documentation for end-users and IT Staff members in manual based Formats
- Provide end-user training and new employee IT orientation when necessary
- Participate in various projects when needed
To perform the job successfully, this individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Analytical - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service (internal) - Responds to questions and requests for service and assistance in a timely and professional manner
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within agreed project time estimates and costs.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking – Considers alternative solutions to increase effectiveness and efficiency of software solutions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; willing to work additional hours when necessary to reach goals.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Information Technology degree preferred; relevant certifications and 2 – 5 years’ experience in a computer related field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have general and specific knowledge of IT environments including:
- Configuration of Windows based PCs and/or laptops
- Overall LAN/WAN concepts including DHCP, TCP/IP, and Windows NTFS
- Multilevel computer operating systems which include: Windows 7, Windows8 and windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 and 2008 r2
- Microsoft O365 (in the Cloud)
- Office 2010 and Office 2013
- Blackberry, BES, Active Sync, Droids, iPhones – sync with Microsoft O365 email
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occasional overtime is a natural part of the job.
On average must be able to travel 5% - 10% of their time when hired on permanently