Salary: Up to $35/hr
Date Posted: October 19, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285802
Responsible for producing and maintaining high quality technical documentation for internal and external users.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain Component Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Service Bulletins, and Service Letters Programs. Ensure the program adheres to all FAA, FAR and ATA regulatory requirements. Manage the distribution of manuals to customers.
- Provide written data and text used in the development of technical manuals, supplements and related technical documentation.
- Create and maintain product documentation including ATP’s, work instructions, and process specifications.
- Create and maintain qualification and certification related procedures and reports.
- Provide technical support to other departments in the development of “publication quality” documentation.
- Maintain and administrate PDM system.
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree or related experience in engineering documentation field with a minimum of five or more years of technical writing experience.
- Is very organized and methodical, good written and verbal skills.
- Should possess strong skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and any experience in MS Access is a plus. Experience with publishing software is a plus.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to be detailed oriented.
- Ability to communicate with others in group and individual environments.
- Must be familiar with aircraft technical manuals and the ATA system.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and able to work under pressure with a minimum level of supervision.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.