Date Posted: October 19, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285842
Billing & Collections Specialist
The Billing & Collections specialist performs various Accounts Receivable and client-related tasks, including project billing and collections, purchase order entry, and client reporting. Billing & Collections Specialist is also responsible for maintaining accurate billing information in our ERP software.
- Maintain database information, specifically related to project purchase order information, site and milestone additions, and billing adjustments.
- Communicate regularly with field personnel, and management to obtain critical paperwork/information, verify terms and amounts, and resolve collections issues.
- Provide excellent internal customer service to field personnel, including timely responsiveness to all inquiries.
- Generate invoices and send to clients, or enter invoices into client’s accounting systems; develop a detailed understanding of each client’s unique billing and system requirements.
- Maintain at all times current knowledge of project billing and collection status.
- Contribute to team success by assisting with other administrative duties as needed.
- Some Accounting-related coursework preferred
- 3+ years of experience with accounting, client billings and collections required.
- Must be very detail-oriented and accurate with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup functions
- Download and prepare spreadsheet-based reports created from information from Deltek
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required; this position will interact with Field teams and with clients, and will need to have the ability to translate billing and accounting-related concepts for non-accounting oriented teammates
- Experience with project based accounting systems preferred and/or Deltek Vision
Job Type: Full-time
- Collections: 3 years
- accounting: 3 years