St. Louis, MO
Salary: $19.00/hr + (based on experience)
Date Posted: October 22, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 286139
PrideStaff is working with a well-known and respected manufacturer in St. Louis to locate an experienced CNC Machinist to program, set-up and operate CNC Mills and CNC Lathes.
*** CNC Mills programmer, set-up, operator ***
*** CNC Lathes programmer, set-up, operator ***
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part program.
- Demonstrated experience with G-Code programming, MasterCam a plus
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads
- Measure and evaluate of parts using precision measuring devices including calipers, micrometers and gauges
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Position requires a strong work ethic, a pronounced ability to learn, good problem solving and communication skills
- Minimum of 1 year of experience programming, set-up and operating CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes
- Experience with Haas, Okuma and/or Mazak preferred
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand up to 8-12 hours a day
- Must have consistent and reliable means of transportation
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Must provide 2 work references (no personal references please)
Why PrideStaff? At PrideStaff, we work for YOU!! PrideStaff is a national staffing company that has been helping job seekers find meaningful and fulfilling work in their desired field since 1978. With branches and across the U.S., our locally-owned and operated offices are plugged into the community. Our recruiters are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with leading employers.
To view additional PrideStaff job opportunities, please visit http://www.stlouisstaffingagencies.