Salary: $45-55K + FULL Benefit Package
Date Posted: October 24, 2017
Job ID: 286516
Industrial Product Designer
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated entry level to experienced candidate to be part of our team in the Miami, Florida. You will work with our professional engineering group to provide highly stylistic models and marketing material.
This position drives the initial to final stages of concept and design development with the ability to merge user research, product strategy, design guidelines, and industry standards into innovative products. The ideal candidate will be creative, passionate, and self-motivated as well as experienced in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Job responsibilities include:
• Develop concept sketches, models, manufacturing drawings and renderings to drive product development through use of traditional sketching, digital tool 3D CAD software and physical mockups.
• Translate conceptual ideas into product that can be manufactured.
• Collaborate with marketing, sales, & engineering teams on final direction.
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or relevant degree.
• 2+ years of experience in Industrial design or related field.
• Minimum of one year experience using Solidworks CAD software
• Basic working knowledge of 3D printing
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to thrive in a team environment with minimal monitoring and a positive attitude.
• Highly experienced with design software: Keyshot and Adobe products.
• Capable of working multiple projects simultaneously.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing methods, tools, and processes.
• Experience with the design for manufacturing concept
• Human Ergonomics a plus.
About our Client:
Our Client works with an extensive network of engineers, surgeons and hospitals as well as leaders in the medical device industry worldwide. We are a small, effective company that promotes a challenging work environment in a team building and problem-solving atmosphere. Our team takes products from the initial concept stage through the phases of designing, prototyping, testing and commercialization.
They focus on the development of innovative technologies for medical devices that will not only meet the needs of the patients, but also improve their quality of life.