Salary: $70,000- $75,000 based upon experience
Date Posted: October 25, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 286635
Supply Planning Manager
PrideStaff is seeking a Supply Planning Manager who is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. Responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. Use sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints to develop tactical production plans, by month, for a rolling frozen three-month period while also maintaining visibility to long term forecast requirements and capacity constraints extending 12 months into the future. Requires strong collaboration with the Brand Managers, Product Development, Sales, Demand Planners, Customer Service and Production Management in order to meet business goals.
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times. Schedules emailed to the managers weekly to maintain on target. ?
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months. ?
- Make delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity. ?
- Manage, coach and develop Production Planning team, to ensure timely execution to Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis. ?
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including KPI’s measuring production performance to the requested production schedule. ?
- Review sales forecast with Demand Planning Manager on a monthly basis to identify production priorities. ?
- Ensure timely reporting of key metrics. ?
- Work with Product Development team to facilitate production pilots for new items. ?
Support the S&OP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications. Update Master Production Plan as necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Operations, Administration, Logistics, or related field ?
- 5-7 years’ experience managing manufacturing processes, productivity and efficiency protocols ?
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience ?
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems ?
- Proficient in SAP, Macola A Plus, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications ?Preferred Education and Experience: ?
APICS certification in Production and Inventory Management
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation
Compensation: $70,000- $75,000