Date Posted: November 2, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 286994
Controller - Services Firm
Location: North Atlanta area
Industry: Professional Services
The Controller is responsible for the oversight of all accounting functions within the company and oversees the daily settlement and monthly/annual closing process. The Controller drives continuous improvement, and ensures compliance and consistency in policies and procedures. Responsibilities include driving operational excellence across core accounting areas, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash applications, general ledger, taxes, and payroll accounting.
Controller requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Maintaining accuracy of general ledger accounts and financial statements in compliance with GAAP standards.
- Interacting with bank contacts and vendors.
- Providing variance analysis and special reporting to Management.
- Monitoring compliance filings in all areas.
- Scheduling and preparing all tax requests, including business license, personal property, sales & use taxes, etc.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long-term cash forecast.
- Audit Financial Statements.
- Prepare the financial section of quarterly and annual reporting.
- Oversee the Cash Management function, including banking relationships.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and oversee the Internal Review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with. Ensure effective follow up processes are in place.
- Manage the financial system, ensuing maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future.
- Special projects such as work on various accounting systems including systems for Expense Reports and Accounts Payable.
- Verifying the integrity and accuracy of financial operations, safeguarding organizational assets and developing efficient business processes to record revenue.
- Identifying and resolving issues and initiating, investigating, and identifying process improvements.
Controller Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a fast-paced accounting department;, ideally in a services firm environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing general ledger, monthly and year-end GL close.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience assisting with financial and/or procedural audits; capacity to assist with policies and procedure projects.
- Thorough understanding of fixed asset management and related depreciation & amortization; prior exposure to asset disposals and effect of gain or loss from disposal.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and to direct others proactively to meet and/or exceed department objectives within time constraints.
- Strong aptitude with SQL-based computer systems and ability to work with various software packages on a daily basis.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to maintain telephone, email and personal contact with staff and others with professional courtesy and tact; strong aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in accounting preferred; CPA designation preferred
- We are looking for a candidate who has solid experience working in a services firm accounting department. Solid expertise in service firm accounting processes and the billing solutions systems, as well as Excel is critical Bachelor’s degree preferred.