New Berlin, WI
Date Posted: February 20, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287054
We are currently seeking a Picker/Packer, who is a well rounded warehouse worker that can quickly transition from the Packing table to the warehouse for a position that recently opened up.
This would be a temp to hire role for at will employment, first shift, full time position. 7am – 3:30pn the first day, then the warehouse manager will determine the schedule, but likely 8am - 4:30pm.
This candidate would hopefully have experience using a “Big Joe” order picker (Cherry Picker). We are looking for someone who has experience picking small parcels not large items such as appliances or furniture.
This position requires a back ground check including National Criminal with a 10 year look back, and drug screening.
Position Requirements: Candidate needs to meet the demands of the position, be dependable, punctual and have reliable transportation. Candidate should have a, positive can do attitude. Candidate needs to be able lift 30-40lbs, work independently or in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills and be able receive and follow direction. Candidate will need to be able to navigate the warehouse in an effective and efficient manner.
Candidate will need to be able to pick minimum 100 lines per hour with the ability to increasing above 100 lines and hour as candidate become familiar and be able to pack a minimum of 80 lines per hour with the ability to increase and grow in role, while maintaining a low error rate to ensure the satisfaction and goals of the customer and CSE are achieved.
Candidate needs to be available for work Monday through Friday.
Previous warehouse picking experience preferred.
Daily responsibilities: for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurately pick/pack 80-100 line items per hour, 600 line items per day based on role, from order paperwork prior to shipping
- Effectively and efficiently learn the Warehouse layout
- Work accurately, in a fast paced environment to meet customer ship date requirements.
- Replenish stock as required during the picking/pulling of items listed on the order.
- Other assignments as given
- Requires individual to provide full-time and predictable attendance.
- Requires individual to be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per workday.
- Requires the individual to be able to work overtime when requested.
- Requires individual to meet imposed deadlines and goals and effectively manage stress.
- Requires individual to be able to work in a warehouse environment.
- Requires individual to be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Requires individual to effectively interact and communicate.
Goal: Daily dependability and accuracy to provide quality control in the warehouse fast pace environment with a low error rate, insuring goods are accurately picked to meet customer requirements at a standard the company has set for our customers to receive their goods in a timely manner insuring the satisfaction and goals of the customer and the company are achieved.