San Leandro, CA
Date Posted: October 30, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287140
Our San Leandro Client is looking for a temp to hire administrative assistant to support their Purchasing Department.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Maintain vendor bid board with current projects available for vendor bidding, and identify and maintain the information required to post for bidding vendors.
- Prepare and send (via email/fax) bid requests, and (for special situations) specifications and schedules
- Expedite quotations receipt, including second requests, as required.
- Type all departmental correspondence.
- Take notes at Purchasing Department meetings and produce meeting minutes.
- Complete departmental document filing (include Bid Request folders).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM?
- Typing speed of 65+ wpm with 100% accuracy
- Ten-key speed of 8000 kph with 100% accuracy
- Proficient-plus level user of MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills, both over the phone and in person
- Able to work effectively and professionally in a team environment
- Strong business writing skills, including use of proper grammar and terminology.
- While previous purchasing position experience is preferred, it is not required.
- Able to demonstrate high customer service skills
- Able to organize large amounts of information
- Must be goal oriented and meet deadlines
At Pridestaff, we recognize and appreciate our team member’s hard work and enthusiasm! Therefore, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package!
Benefits package as a placed Field Associate include:
- Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
- Dental and Vision Plan Options
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay