New Berlin, WI
Salary: up to 14.00/hr
Date Posted: November 8, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287253
Title: Recruiting Assistant
Function: To answer incoming telephone lines, to call Candidates and/or Clients, greet and start prospective Candidates through the selection process. Input all necessary Candidates information into our resource database system.
Reports To: Staffing Consultant
What are the main functions and purpose of this job?
• To be the first person to answer incoming telephone calls.
• To telephone screen prospective Candidates.
• To call Candidates and/or Clients as assigned.
• To direct clients with job order requests to the Staffing Consultants, or Business Manager.
• To input accurately all necessary Field Associate information into our resource database system.
• Administer pre-screen, applications, and assessments of Candidates.
• To ensure quality service by handling Client and Candidate matters courteously, properly, and effectively.
• Schedule candidates for assessment and interview.
• Process employment verification and document in our resource database system.
• Handle and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
• File Candidates folders.
• Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the Staffing Consultant.
• Call, communicate, and/or mail cover letters for Candidate background check information.
What are the traits and characteristics that are critical for success?
- Moderate to High Energy
- Strong Communications Skills
- Comfortable making and receiving multiple phone calls during the day.
- Listening Skills
- Client and Candidate Service Driven
- Creative Problem Solving
- Multi Task Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Empathy and Intuition
- Self Starter
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates or Bachelors Degree is preferred but can be substituted for similar experience. H.S. Diploma or GED is required of all employees. Ability to type 30WPM Satisfactory, computer literacy in word processing, excel, resource database input and maintenance, and email software
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to communicate English fluently in writing and verbally. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, division and percentages are required.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to make decisions of sound judgment according to company policy. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or orally. Ability to deal with problems involving clients or employees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work well within a team environment Ability to work well under pressure Ability to handle multi-tasks is necessary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to perform frequent/constant sedentary work from 4-10 hours. Walking occasionally 0-3 hours. Standing occasionally 0-3 hours. Ability to occasionally lift 0-15 pounds. Constant use of both hands while entering data into the computer, writing on applications and processing day-to-day paperwork. Ability to occasionally squat at the knees and bend at the waist for miscellaneous office tasks such as filing but not limited to.
DISCLAIMER: Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. Management has the right to change or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. This description does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.