Salary: UP TO $23.5/hr DOE
Date Posted: February 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287261
CNC MACHINIST - 3rd Shift
PrideStaff is seeking is currently working with an company who is an industry leader in linear motion products. We are seeking CNC machinists for a first shift position with strong math skills, ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, and working knowledge of GD&T.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
- Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
- Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
- Ability to understand and interpret programs using Mastercam software.
- Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
- Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
- Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
- Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner
- Communicate with other shifts
- Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
- Report job progress using current scheduling system
- Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings.
- Mentoring of new Machinists
- Work over time as requested
- Work other duties as assigned
CNC MACHINIST KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good interaction skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring processes
- Two year Machine Tool diploma or degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
PrideStaff Company Overview
PrideStaff (Minneapolis/Brooklyn Park location) is a locally-owned staffing & placement firm with a strong reputation as a fun-loving, quality-focused service provider.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefits package, and, just as importantly, you will be treated fairly with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary to hire work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers. PrideStaff was named in Top Ten staffing companies in North America by Forbes https://www.forbes.com/pictures/higd45eehm/7-pridestaff/#7b716bd23c72