Salary: UP TO $23.5/hr DOE
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287419
CNC MACHINIST - 2nd Shift
PrideStaff is seeking is currently working with an company who is an industry leader in linear motion products. We are seeking CNC machinists for a first shift position with strong math skills, ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, and working knowledge of GD&T.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
- Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
- Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
- Ability to understand and interpret programs using Mastercam software.
- Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
- Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
- Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
- Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner
- Communicate with other shifts
- Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
- Report job progress using current scheduling system
- Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings.
- Mentoring of new Machinists
- Work over time as requested
- Work other duties as assigned
CNC MACHINIST KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good interaction skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring processes
- Two year Machine Tool diploma or degree or equivalent experience (preferred)