Date Posted: November 2, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 287552
This position is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, administration and support of Client network systems including servers, PCs and other related system and network components.
Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems, 5 years of technology experience and 2 years of experience in a network administration capacity. A strong background in Windows network OS (Windows 2000, 2003, 2008) server platform, Active Directory, DHCP, WINS, DNS administrations, implementation and troubleshooting.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Other functions and accountabilities may be assigned from time to time. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging deadlines for long hours. Requires some bending, reaching, stretching and occasional lifting of 30-50 pounds. Requires ability to work at a computer screen for long periods of time and requires very good manual dexterity to operate a keyboard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the daily support and administration of Client’s network servers.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of IS projects. Act as project leader in completing special projects as assigned by the Network Manager of IS.
- Assist the IS Network Manager in the planning, organizing, developing and implementing of systems.
- Assist in formulating technology aspects of long-range plans for IS and communications networks.
- Participate in strategic network planning and special studies to enhance network performance.
- Develop system policies and procedures.
- Insure adequate power, air conditioning and fire protection to the computer room and network equipment closets
- Act as a vendor liaison for Client Services during technical phases of projects
- Assist in the design of network security techniques and the enforcement of those policies.
- Assist in the planning of hardware infrastructure, design and implementation of server operating systems installation/upgrades and administration, which includes hardware preparation (disk analysis, etc.) OS and applications load, configuration and administration.
- Assist with network server configuration, maintenance and capacity planning.
- Responsible for overall network administration project planning, project management and quality assurance on major network projects.
- Manage backup and recovery.
- Creation and maintain network accounts.
- Support satellite sites with connectivity issues.
- Provide on-call services when required as part of team on-call rotation schedule.
- Develop testing plans and testing solutions.
- Maintain department records and files as required.
- Attend in-service and other meetings as required.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep current with computer trends.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality at all times.
- In the spirit of teamwork, employees are expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge in Active Directory, Windows Network OS server management and implementation, data communications and networking. Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Windows OS and common scripting languages. Skills in troubleshooting and resolving network server problems. Skill in developing policies and procedures, and analyzing system needs to meet corporate goals and objectives. Skills in developing effective working relationships with internal and external parties. Ability to adapt quickly into many functional environments, prioritize projects and meet projects deadlines. The ability to work well independently, or as part of a team. The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.