Date Posted: November 3, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 287695
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Job Summary: The Tax Senior is responsible for reviewing individual, trust, partnership, and corporate tax returns; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns; and managing client relationships.
Senior Tax Accountant Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Manage client’s engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects).
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff on tax projects.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners on proposals and business development calls.
- Possess an understanding of state and foreign tax issues.
Senior Tax Accountant Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of public accounting experience in taxation
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in tax compliance and planning.
- Proficiency in MS Office – including MS Excel
- Understanding of state and federal taxes.
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations.
- Ability to perform FAS 109 tax provisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Advanced degree in accounting is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
- CPA certification (active) preferred.
- Must be willing to submit to thorough background check and drug screen.