New Berlin, WI
Salary: up to $20.00 / hr dependent on qualifications
Date Posted: November 6, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287895
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance staff will work with production operators on the day to day operations of equipment and preventative maintenance. Preform repairs and improvements when needed. Will work on the physical upkeep of the building.
- Work on daily work order for equipment repairs
- Assist with emergency maintenance to keep equipment running
- Work on preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring the proper working of all equipment and systems in the facility.
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipment
- Follow all SQF procedures
- Responsible for enforcing all rules and regulations with in the standards of the company’s employee handbook.
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Requires both technical knowledge and daily interaction with shift employees.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
- Working with skilled labor, must provide for development at all stages of the operation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Associates degree is desirable.
- Knowledge of food or print manufacturing industry a plus.
- Production experience with processing and preparation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the print and/or food industry.
- Proven ability to train, and motivate personnel.
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.