New Berlin, WI
Salary: $12-$15 dependent on experience and backgroun
Date Posted: November 6, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287946
JOB SUMMARY: Set up and run straight line folder gluers: flexo, sheetfed, letterpress or digital printing/packaging. Clean and maintain equipment. Also must be able to surpass production and quality standards.
- Fastens type or printing plate in holding mechanism of machine.
- Turns setscrews to adjust spacing guides.
- Feeds or stacks boxes or container pieces in feed hopper of automatic printing machine and removes them from discharge hopper after printing.
- Scans containers to verify accuracy and clarity of printing.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Adhere to all SQF policy and procedures.
- Organizes, directs temporary labor in working area as needed.
- Adhere to all QC Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keep other production employees informed as to shift plans and progress.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- May be required from time to time to push/pull up to 250 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.