Salary: $18.00 per hour
Date Posted: November 7, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 288220
Communicating and follow up with customers for the proper identification of products or parts. Basic functions include order/data entry, packing slips creation, packaging of instruction manuals and documents, bill of ladings, quoting of small parts or standard equipment, communication of order status to customers, coordinating delivery of products to customers, shipping tracking numbers, etc. Must have a desire to work in a manufacturing environment with the ability to retain the knowledge and information along with the ability learn the products and processes of our company and our customers.
- Manage and review new customer orders/requests and manual data entry of orders as required.
- Communication and follow up regarding status of open quotes
- Quoting of small parts and standard products
- Prior manufacturing, small parts or automotive experience
- Utilization of Sage Mas200 software
- Consolidate, cube and route orders to maximum service standards and margins where required.
- Assess carriers and determine the best solution to route orders to maximum service standards and margins when required.
- Coordination with shipping department for shipping status
- Coordinate with shippers’ customer service representatives on exceptions, rush orders and order changes.
- Proactively provide problem-resolution for customers, warehouses and carriers.
- Manage carrier performance to maintain a minimum of 95% on-time delivery performance levels.
- Solicit and develop new carrier base.
- Establish dedicated and committed carrier requirements for peak seasons.
- Negotiate spot rates with customers and carriers.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintain on-going communication with shipping facilities and carriers to ensure proper execution.
- Ability to multitask with many factors or tasks open at the same time
- Follow through on projects, tasks and objectives
- Other duties as requested.
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior logistics experience
- Prior experience within a manufacturing environment
- Diligent with follow up on tasks
- Desire to learn the product and grow with the company
- Ability to multi task many items at once in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel