Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 288360
Property Administrator – Industrial / Commercial
The Property Administrator provides direct support to Property Managers. They may also direct and engage Maintenance Technicians as needed for specific property or tenant needs.
- Certificate of Insurance Tracking
- COI’s must be maintained and updated on a regular basis for both Tenants and Contractors.
- Overnight Mail
- Prepares express mail packages and monitors supply levels and replenishes as necessary.
- Management Audit - Assists management team as needed to ensure compliance level of management audit is maintained and prepares all files and records in preparation for the audit annually.
- Operations Audit – Assists management team as needed in preparation of annual Operations Audit.
- Budget Preparation – Assists team members with budget preparation for properties, as needed.
- New Property On-Boarding – Assists team with on-boarding new properties into the Industrial portfolio. This may include abstracting leases for buildings/portfolios of 5 or less tenants.
- Accounts Payables - Property Administrator is responsible for ensuring all invoices for the property/portfolio are coded and processed timely.
- W-9’s – Obtains completed W-9 forms from all vendors.
- New Vendor Set Up – assists with New Vendor Set Up process as needed
- Accounts Receivable – Print Aged Delinquency report on the designate day each month. PA may assist with generating delinquency letters/notices for charges over 30 days old.
- Manual Adjustment Forms – PA will be required to prepare manual adjustment forms for all miscellaneous Tenant Service Requests (ie requested special services, keys, etc.).
- Assist accounting and management team with preparation or review of annual CAM Reconciliations.
- Assist management team with monthly reporting requirements. This could include review of financials, or assembly of final, electronic report file.
- Assist management team with creating property Invoices as needed, (ieMonthly management fees, maintenance tech charges, etc).
- Tenant Service Request – PA is responsible for daily review of TSR’s noting completion times or dates if beyond acceptable limits, whether job performed to satisfy TSR, etc.
- Work with engineering staff to ensure discrepancies and address in next staff meeting.
- Contracts - draft contracts as requested by managers within 24-48 hours of the request for review by the manager.
- Customer Service – Provide superior customer service to all tenants, clients, contractors and vendors at all times.
- Tenant Events – PA is responsible for assisting GM in planning and coordination of all tenant events (maintenance or otherwise) at the property.
- Tenant Handbook – review, update and revise as necessary. Coordinate distribution of updates or revisions to all tenants. Assist management team with preparation of new Tenant materials as needed.
- Tenant Notification – Prepare tenant memo’s and correspondence as directed by Managers
- Contact Lists – maintain daily and update no less than monthly tenant, employee and contractor’s contacts lists to include emergency contact numbers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Workplace experience, minimum of 1-3 years in a workplace setting
- Commercial Real Estate Experience a Plus
- YARDI software experience
- Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to professionals both inside and outside the organization uses diplomacy and tact.
- Learning on the Fly - learn quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Self-Starter – able to start and complete projects independently.
- Time Management – use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others.
- Written/Oral communications – ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Attention to detail – is thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small, will not overlook what needs to be done and can be depended upon to do each task accurately and completely.
In addition to the standard Industrial Job Description, the following targeted items are of particular focus. Coverage of all duties include but are not limited to: Tenant Relations New Tenant set up, communication and integration Information Systems Maintenance (Sharepoint) AP Processing COI’s – requests/updates/renewal for Tenants and Vendors Contracts – Service agreement drafting and completion as required Monthly Reporting – assist with monthly reporting functions Maintenance Work Order Coordination Vendor set up Comprehensive coordinate of Owner’s Association matters as required