Salary: $18-$20/HR DOE
Date Posted: January 18, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 290719
Manual Machinist - Machinist
Pridestaff is searching for a Manual Machinist in the Porterville/Lindsay area.
This position is responsible for performing lathe & milling operations by manual lathes/mills and inspect basic/routine parts for defects and wear. Our Cleint is looking to hire on the right candidate asap.
This position requires vocation skills and is not a machine operator or CNC Machinist.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring, broaching, and conventional milling and lathe work using various engine lathes including but not limited to vertical mills and horizontal boring mills.
- Use measuring devices and techniques to ensure proper sizings.
- Record data to produce expected service and/or design results including sizings and illustrations.
- Understand materials and their various applications in order to complete job.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools including but not limited to band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, and files to complete job.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and observe safety precautions
- Taper drums
- Threading: National Course Threading, National Fine Threading & Acme Thread
- Run a line bore machine - preferred but not required
- Cut Thread
- Operate surface grinders
- Basic mechanical knowledge required.
- 3-5 years of recent machinist experience
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job-related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, forklift trucks, and other equipment.
Pay: $18-20/HR DOE
Hours: First shift - must be open to working weekends when needed and over time.
If interested please apply with detailed resume to be considered.
Pridestaff - 3741 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277