Date Posted: November 29, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 290780
Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis to support a full cycle month-end close. Maintain sub-ledger data for Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets. Create, maintain, and submit various reporting required for corporate accounting and audit purposes.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the accounts receivable subledger including daily posting of cash receipts, invoices, credit memos and other adjustments
- Investigate and reconcile aged items and unknown deductions with the support of Customer Service, Sales, and R&O team members.
- Create and distribute weekly AR Reporting which includes Aging Summary by Customer, Over 60 Analysis, Credit Hold Accounts, and open Warranty issues
- Complete credit analysis for new customer accounts for Controller approval
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all assigned balance accounts
- Track and reconcile monthly capital expenditures including CIP and work with all project mangers on the completion status
- Maintain FAS based fixed asset ledger - calculating monthly depreciation and monthly reconcilation to the GL
- Prepare various journal entries and associated reconciliations assigned related to the monthly close – such as Payroll, Commission, Cash, PPD Amortization, and Allocations
- Quarterly Reserve Analysis for AR Allowance and Warranty
- Prepare and submit PNC Securitization file to corporate
- Prepare and compile all quarterly balance sheet reconcilations for Controller review
- Prepare and submit various corporate reporting required quarterly for both consolidation and tax purposes
- Assist with yearly plan process - coordinate capital projects with Operations, departmental variable spending, and other reporting as required
- Assist Finance Management with any special projects or reporting
- Must be able to follow the collection process from the point an invoice is issued until cash is collected and any discrepancies are resolved.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization and outside parties.
- Ability to lead inter-department meetings, assign and monitor follow-up actions with participants as needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to work in a fast paced environment and meet accelerated reporting deadlines.
- Team player who can work well with all members of the Finance Team.
- Problem solving skills are a must when investigating AR adjustments and cost discrepancies.
- Process payroll, ADP software
- Self directed and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to learn and desire to advance within the Company.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with computerized ERP systems.
- AS 400 experience preferred.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years related accounting experience or training.