Salary: $40-45K + Commission & Benefits
Date Posted: November 30, 2017
Job ID: 290845
South Florida Sales Representative - Medical Products
A client of ours is seeking a Sales Representative that will be representing the South Florida Territory
of Broward and Dade Counties, for their products. The Sales Representative's responsibilities include attending to hospitals and physicians to improve customer service and to provide a local resource to our customers for all their related needs. All activities should be in accordance with our clients policies.
The Sales Representative uses his/her product knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of products. All products must be promoted for their approved indications only. The Sales Representative becomes a trusted member of the hospital's team assisting the operating room staff with their needs. The Sales Representative is required to achieve a level of respect and trust, which leads to invitations by customers to participate in discussions involving products and instrumentation. These activities are expected to broaden and deepen the company's customer base in the territory. The Sales Representative must achieve a level of expertise and competence, as well as a reputation for integrity.
The learning curve is steep and requires serious investment from all sides. The expectations are high, but so too are the professional rewards and support.
The Representative will be assisting surgeons and nurses preparing instrument and implants for elective surgeries and trauma call. The Representative must be highly motivated and want to work 50 hours plus weekly. This position can be highly lucrative for someone who wants to be successful and make great money.
• Ability to assist and train hospital personnel in the proper use and care of products and equipment.
• Ability to learn and maintain a high level of technical information as it relates to surgery and procedures.
• Receive and maintain structured product /sales training assessments to transition into an assigned Sales Rep role territory once trained, applicable to the ASR/ASR I pathway to becoming a Sales Rep.
• Gain and maintain an acceptable level of knowledge of the orthopedic product line, business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for orthopedic products.
• Support the district sales targets by supporting existing accounts as well as developing and executing a plan to develop new business opportunities.
• Pass all classroom and on the job training assessments.
• Achieve sales quotas for Orthopedic Trauma products within assigned area.
• Conduct orthopedic in-service training programs at hospitals and clinics as scheduled and required.
• Develop rapport with personnel at target teaching hospitals within specific area, with an emphasis on residents in Orthopedics.
• Assist product managers on field projects to include test markets, market surveys, product idea evaluations, and competitive research.
• Establish and maintain written and oral communication with both field and internal sales management with attention to sales calls made, follow-up required, market potential and recommendations at to new sales, pricing, or promotional strategy.
• Assist in building and maintaining a high level of enthusiasm for orthopedic products within assigned territory or area.
• Plan activity calendar and organize time to achieve agreed-upon goals established between the Regional-District Management and the Orthopedic Sales Management as directed.
• Responsible for field inventory and Sales samples as assigned.
• Assist in working the major national conventions and local-regional meetings as determined by Orthopedic Sales Management.
• Develop business plan under the direction of the Regional and District Sales Management.
• 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience (preferably in Sales & Marketing, Science, sports medicine or Health related field).
• Minimum 2 years of outside (B2B) Sales experience preferred, experience in an Operating Room, as an
Emergency Medical Technician or in a related field such as Physical Education or Therapy is a great Plus.
• Must be professional, a team player, flexible, and able to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
• Ability to prioritize and adapt to rapid and continual change and able to multi-task.
• Ability to communicate well to speak with surgeons, doctors and other professionals.
• Must be self-motivated, resilient, superior work ethic, driven to succeed.
• Must be able to Travel Domestic - Up to 100 miles within the assigned territory to provide customer and rep support and be on call 24/7 to cover cases.
• Hard worker with high energy level.
About our Client:
Works with an extensive network of engineers, surgeons and hospitals as well as leaders in the medical device industry worldwide. We are a medium-sized, effective company that promotes a challenging work environment in a team building and problem-solving atmosphere. Our team takes products from the initial concept stage through the phases of designing, prototyping, testing and commercialization.
We focus on the development of innovative technologies for medical devices that will not only meet the needs of the patients, but also improve their quality of life.