Salary: $ 12.00 per hour
Date Posted: December 1, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 290987
Large production and manufacturing company for personal care products in Chatsworth is looking for immediate start:
$12.00 per hour
The assembler performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce products such as personal care products by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Fills cardboard containers with specified products weighing up to 15 pounds
- Seals containers and places on pallets
- Shrink-wraps approximately 12 to 15 pallets daily
- Fills hoppers by climbing on step-stools carrying materials in containers weighing approximately 15 pounds
- Fills glass or plastic containers with products, seals containers by screwing on lids
- Works at different work stations as production needs require
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.