North Highlands, CA
Salary: $45k - $65k
Date Posted: December 2, 2017
Job ID: 291006
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Direct Hire)
PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant for our busy CPA client. The Staff Accountant must be an Enrolled Agent, be working toward CPA license and be very familiar with QuickBooks.
This client offers a friendly, supportive, and casual environment, work life balance in the off-season, great benefits, and growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will be interested in becoming a CPA partner at some point.
This CPA firm provides a variety of tax, estate, and business services to their growing list of clients. They would like someone with experience in small business accounting, individual and business entity tax preparation, and payroll processing. This position requires direct contact with clients and firm principals, so strong interpersonal skills and a level of professionalism is key.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform self-review to detect and correct most errors
- Organize work papers to facilitate efficient partner review
- Prepare small business per-pay-period payroll and associated quarterly and annual filings
- Identify and organize a client’s documentation, identify and obtain missing information
- Prepare tax-basis financial statements with substantially all note disclosures omitted
- Prepare individual and business entity tax returns
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
You must be:
- Detail oriented;
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally by phone, in writing, and in person;
- Able to work efficiently and thoroughly on a wide variety of projects;
- Organized, able to accumulate the data to prepare complete financial statements, complete and accurate income tax returns, and determine missing information from both;
- Able to work independently and perform self-review to find and correct mistakes;
- Accountable for deadlines and quality of work;
- Proficient in general business, accounting, and tax preparation software – Outlook, Word, Excel, QuickBooks and Lacerte;
- Able to exercise and document the use of professional judgment;
Must be available to work a full-time schedule, which will include some evening and weekend hours between January and April. Hours outside of the primary tax season are full-time with more flexibility depending on workflow.
The annual salary range for the Staff Accountant position is $45k - $65k, depending on experience
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests. With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers. As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!