Los Angeles, CA
Date Posted: December 6, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 291497
Are you a strategic thinker with Non Profit Accounting experience? Do you exhibit leadership and have management skills? Do you have broad based business skills plus construction financing experience? Have you helped organizations grow? We could have the right match for you?
The Controller is responsible for complex accounting functions, the maintenance of accounting records, cost control functions and systems. The position is also responsible for delivering financial reports, analyzing data and providing sound expertise in accounting matters.
- Prepare complex financial reports and analysis.
- Report to Board of Directors monthly on organization financial health
- Analyze, interpret and explain financial policies and procedures
- Assist with financial administration, budgeting and reporting
- Supervise, train and evaluate accounting department staff
- Analyze cash flow, classifying transactions and impact on assets, liabilities and reserves.
- Perform fixed asset accounting and administer fixed asset system
- Prepare and review record of accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, expenditures and income, assuring such records conform to generally accepted accounting principles, City codes and ordinances, or State and Federal requirements.
- Prepares journal entries, chart of accounts.
- Maintains records for various taxing authorities, the state controller and the county auditor
- Provide statistics and analysis for capital budgets
- Lead successful annual audits by external auditing firm
- Maintains records for grant programs
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a senior accounting role
- At least 5 years of experience in Non-Profit accounting management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Accounting, Finance
- Accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Previous experience with capital campaigns and construction projects a plus
- Strong management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable Analytical and organization skills
- Self-motivated and self directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team in a closely held organization