Date Posted: January 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 291530
Field Service Technician
Our client is locally owned and operated. Established in 1949, has grown into a regional and national industrial equipment supplier, providing a combination of value added technical services, engineering, consultation, and quality products to a variety of markets. They provide mission-critical equipment to a wide variety of industries including Fortune 500 companies.
The highly trained Field Service Technicians are an integral part of the company success, providing value to our customers after the sale. The daily duties of this position are to perform routine and emergency repair and scheduled maintenance. The Technicians use a variety of manual and power tools to perform daily work. With the use of system documentation, the Field Service Technician will trouble-shoot at the customer site various products made by our client.
Typical Duties Include:
- Repair industrial machinery; such as, air compressors (5-500HP), positive displacement pumps, liquid ring pumps, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers, and vacuum systems.
- On field service calls, discuss assignment with customer’s representative and inspect installation site to verify that electrical supply wires, conduit, switches and circuit breakers are installed according to specifications.
- Read/follow sketches, schematics, blueprints, manufacturer’s specifications maintenance manuals to determine troubleshooting procedure.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs using system troubleshooting methodology and diagnostic tools.
- Interpret readings on gages, indicators and dials.
- Visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems. Realign and adjusts components
- Apply knowledge of electrical circuits, mechanics, and pneumatics.
- Verify that electrical power is reaching the compressed air equipment and that voltage is as specified, using testing instruments.
- Test electrical components; such as, wiring, switches and relays, using test instruments, and replace faulty components.
- Troubleshoot PLC’s with diagnostic tools.
- Locate damaged air pipes on machine; may measure, cut threads or install pipe. Repair broken parts, using brazing, soldering & welding equipment, and hand tools. Start machine and equipment to test operation following repair.
- May train customer’s staff in operation of compressed air machinery.
- Maintain Company Vehicle
- Shop clean-up.
- Electrical controls experience helpful
- 1-3 years industrial maintenance experience, prior Military Maintenance experience is highly desired.
- Apply system troubleshooting skills effectively
- Ability to recognize common mechanical and electrical components/read schematic
- Effective customer relations skills
- Must have a valid drivers license and insurable driving record
- Some overtime work and occasional overnight travel
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Specialized training: Mechanics, Refrigeration (highly desired), Electrical Circuitry
- Previous Experience: Mechanical, 3 phase electrical, Refrigeration.
All new Field Service Technicians are trained on site at the company depot prior to moving to the Field.
Typical Training Plan:
- Weeks 1 to 4: Repair and maintenance training at company site
- Weeks 4 to 8: Field travel with Sr. Field Service Technician
- Weeks 8 on: The new Field Service Technician is assigned a company vehicle
*Note: The training may be accelerated or slowed down depending on individual performance and needs.
Pay Rate: $15/hr to $20/hr Depending on Experience, Qualifications and Skill