Salary: $14-$16/HR DOE
Date Posted: January 18, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 291658
Quality Assurance Technician - QA Technician - Quality Assurance
Client in the Visalia/Tulare area is searching for a Quality Assurance Technician to join their team.
This is an entry-level position responsible for strict compliance with Food Safety and Quality Management System Policies, Procedure, and Work Instructions. Performs daily process checks to ensure the integrity of each batch of product.
- Use established procedures to perform laboratory activities to include, but not limited to, analytical testing and sensory evaluation
- Perform process checks throughout the raw ingredients, production, packaging, sanitation, warehouse, and shipping areas of the company (e.g. pre-operational checks, sanitation verification, raw ingredient testing, finished product testing, and packaging checks).
- Work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and make key product quality
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QA
- Restock lab supplies and track
- Perform air testing, PRP Verification, glass/hard plastic checks, and take swabs and
- Attend and participate in initial and ongoing
- Perform audits throughout shift to ensure high quality and food safety requirements are
- Ask clarifying questions to ensure
- Provide a high level of support to the next customer/person in line
- React to any deviations for Critical Control Limits, as
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor
- Assist in training of plant personnel to ensure ability they can perform all the Quality Assurance functions with minimal guidance/support.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs)
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as
- Provide backup support for other roles as
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Food Science or related field preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing production line process and testing
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years of experience in a quality lab environment and knowledge of.
Pay: $14-$16/HR Depending on Experience (DOE)
Shift: First and Second Shift
If interested please apply with detailed resume to be considered.
Pridestaff 3741 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277