Date Posted: December 7, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 291728
We are currently recruiting for a System and Network Administrator for a well-established Bend Company. Earn a highly competitive wage in Bend, OR. This is a long term contract position that is likely to turn into a permanent position.
The Systems and Network Administrator is responsible for responsible for the performance of hardware and software systems for personal computers, servers, networked devices and networks. You will manage the full lifecycle of all components, with additional responsibility for the performance of IT Support services that are provided by desk-side Support personnel and 3rd party service provider.
- Monitor, maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Oversight of the IT support for the organization; monitor and optimize the performance of internal and external resources, and providers
- Manage the support, maintenance and tracking of budgeted resources for organization’s hardware, software and IT-managed devices throughout entire lifecycle.
- Communicate issues and changes to the organization and ensure that organization is prepared to leverage the capabilities of the information technology infrastructure
- Plan, coordinate, and implement measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network, including configurations, and hardware or software requirements; research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Interface with and/or manage internal resources and 3rd party contractors that design, implement and maintain organization’s infrastructure systems and its compliance
- Represent local organization in global infrastructure projects
- Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the supervisor
- Troubleshoot IT issues on site
- Perform routine software maintenance
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology
- CompTIA Network+ and MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) certification or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years IT experience with progressively increasing responsibilities, including user support, network administration and system administration
- Demonstrated experience with the following systems are required: NetApp, VMWare, Barracuda, Solarwinds
- Specific experience with the following systems a plus: ShoreTel, Varonis, Citrix, Exchange
- Experience identifying business requirements and translating them into infrastructure architecture and system requirements
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a rapidly changing environment is essential
- Good written and oral communication skills; effective networking skills and experience collaborating with team members, management, vendors and customers alike
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation, test plans and implementation plans
- Leadership skills
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Flexibility in availability to be available for required work on weekends and afterhours
- A proven work history of delivering great quality of work
Supervision: This position has supervision. Teamwork is essential to work towards a common goal.
Basic working conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time. The employee must be able to work successfully in a team. The employee must be able to stand, stoop, or crouch for long periods of time.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!