Salary: Up to $20 per hour + benefits
Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 292433
The ideal candidate will have experience in day to day purchasing and planning procedures and inventory management via SAP MRP. The candidate’s knowledge base should include supply chain management, forecasting, supplier negotiations, resolving supply risks and shortages, evaluating suppliers, identifying projects & tracking savings and knowledge of supplier agreements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years procurement experience
- Be responsive and accountable in a fast paced, team and customer based environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment and pay superior attention to detail; prioritize projects to critical objectives
- Ability to manage high mix, low volume product lines utilizing an ERP system (SAP)
- Review and convert purchase requests for material via MRP.
- Monitor purchase orders and communicate regularly with suppliers to maintain delivery schedules, and proactively communicate to internal customers when critical issues arise.
- Must be able to expedite critical components and overdue purchase orders.
- Resolve supplier problems associated with late deliveries, over shipments, invoicing issues, obsolete, rework and scrap material.
- Review and manage inventory levels to achieve target levels.
- Must be able to develop excellent working relationship with internal and external customers, as well as suppliers.
- Maintain strong supplier relationships in order to drive cost reductions and support capacity planning while maintaining high quality product.
- Ability to read and understand at a high level BOMs any relevant technical document with an understanding of basic manufacturing processes
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills; experience managing procurement through long term agreements.
Participate in Continuous Improvements (i.e. productivity actions, best practice, etc.).
- Encouraged to be a creative thinker with contributing ideas for cost reductions and improving efficiencies; job, team, workload etc.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excel proficiency (highly efficient at utilizing pivot tables, vlookups, if/or statements in Excel to analyze large data sets).
- Accurate with word processing (Word), power point and ERP. Competency in navigating the Internet.
- Be excited by new challenges
- Must be willing to submit to thorough background check and drug screen