Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 293062
MIG - WELDER
Under general supervision welds parts made from galvanized thin wall steel, using MIG welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram or production work order. Produce strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous and consistent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to square up and weld various geometries of components
2. Understands various weld form symbols
3. Ability to weld vertical, horizontal, flat and overhead welds
4. Ability to accurately read tape measure and blue prints.
5. Understand the process of prepping for finish by checking for pinholes in the weld, weld spatter on the part and eliminating sharp edges
6. Ability to inspect finished product, parts or units for conformance to print and all clean up detail
7. Maintain assigned area and equipment in safe and functional order
8. Welders may provide cross-functional fabricator duties as assigned
9. Perform operator daily PM on tools and equipment.
10. May be required to operate fork truck.
11. Perform Daily housekeeping
12. Ability to pass initial weld test per Metals Pre-Qualify Weld Test and subsequently pass the AWS certified weld test in all positions after 60 days of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
·High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
·Prefer one to three years related manufacturing experience.
·Previous weld experience is required.
·Must be able to read, speak and write English
·Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
·Ability to read and interpret basic documents, safety rules and other correspondence.
·Ability to count and ability to measure equipment using a tape measure
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
·Ability to read blue prints mandatory
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the attendance policy stated in the company’s employee handbook. Must be available and willing to work overtime hours as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must be available and willing to work such weekends and/or holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.