Folsom , CA
Salary: $12-15/hour doe
Date Posted: December 28, 2017
Job ID: 293777
Bindery Operator – Print and Production Associate
PrideStaff in East Sacramento is in search of candidates to assist a premier client. This position is intended to be long-term, temp to hire, full-time or better work. Overtime can be expected.
- Tends various machines and equipment and performs any combination of following tasks involved in binding books, periodicals, and pamphlets, and assembling related printed materials in accordance with work order specifications: Punches holes in paper sheets, manually or by machine.
- Creases and compresses signatures prior to affixing covers, using press or by hand.
- Fastens sheets, signatures, or other printed materials together, using hand or machine stapler, or adjusts or tends machine that inserts wire or plastic binding strips into punched holes to fasten pages and covers together.
- Feeds covers, signatures, and sheets into various machines for collating, stitching, trimming, folding, ruling, stapling, roughing, indexing, gluing, and perforating operations.
- Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery table of machines.
- Examines stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to ascertain that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose and uncut threads.
- Inserts illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into catalogs, periodicals, directories, pocket portfolios, or looseleaf binders, and inserts sheets and applies labels to envelopes or periodicals by hand or machine.
- Places paper jackets on acceptable books.
- Applies gold leaf, silver leaf, or metallic foil lettering or designs on covers, using stamping machine.
- Applies adhesive tape, mylar strips, and index tabs to sheets by machine.
- Wraps product in plastic, using shrink-wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut.
- Records daily production.
- Cleans work area around machine.
- May make ready bindery equipment and work stations.
PrideStaff hiring requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States plus valid picture ID
- Willing to submit to pre-employment drug and background check
- Must have reliable, consistent means of transportation
- Must be able to provide at least 2 professional references from recent supervisors
If you are interested in new opportunities, and have experience with similar work-environments, please call PrideStaff as soon as possible to talk further.