Salary: Up to $16 per hour DOE
Date Posted: January 2, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 294156
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible for all aspects of billing, follow up and collection activity. Billing responsibilities include manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers. Follow-up includes telephone calls to payers and/or patients, as well as accessing payer websites, and resolving complex accounts with minimal or no assistance necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for all aspects of insurance follow up and collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites and filing appeals.
Effectively resolves complex or aged inventory, including payment research and payment recoups with minimal or no assistance necessary.
Identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution.
Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed.
Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity.
Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications.
Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed.
Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers.
Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission.
Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
- Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology
- Prior experience with MedSuite preferred
- Must be willing to submit to thorough background check and drug screen
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 2-5 years experience in Medical/Hospital Insurance related collections