Date Posted: January 4, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 294469
Drives industrial truck. Receives, ships, stores, packages, delivers and inventories fabric.
Job duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows all plant safety procedures, rules and policies. Exercises good judgment in safety related matters.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Receipt and disposition of greige and finished broad goods.
- Receipt and disposition of supplies.
- Completion and disposition of all forms for all receipts.
- Measures width of roll and matches to ticketed width.
- Removes badger plug from core before transporting roll.
- Remove finished goods from conveyor / dump table.
- Loads trailers, containers and/or stages goods for shipment according to specifications making sure to follow all special instructions, such as over-bagging or taping of end discs.
- Places finished, and disposes of swatches as required by special instructions and/or customer specifications.
- Cuts cores for customer orders and stages in appropriate area.
- Performs safety check on lift truck before operating at the beginning of the shift.
- Clean-up day (approximately 1 - 8 hr shift per month). Associate is required to perform various cleaning duties that involve bending, stooping, walking and climbing using various cleaning tools and cleaning agents. Occasional use of gasoline powered, high heat, pressure washer to clean pad pan area. Safety specifications indicate that the pressure washer is to be used no more than 30 minutes at a time. The pressure washer is then to be turned off for 30 minutes allowing for proper ventilation of the area.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Position involves driving a forklift/industrial truck for a major portion of an 8 hour shift in and out of trailers/containers over dock plates. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is supplied and must be worn while driving the lift trucks and while on the production floor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software.