San Diego, CA
Date Posted: January 25, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 294589
A busy logistics company in Sorrento Valley is seeking a collections person to assist with fund recovery. This is temporary to hire role. Logistics experience is preferred but not required.
Responsible for reaching out to customers to collect payment for overdue bills. Acts as the liaison between creditors and customers and manages overdue accounts.
- Collect payments on past due bills.
- Create a list of people who have not made payments.
- Organize list according to severity of delinquency.
- Call customers using telephone.
- Utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing.
- Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
- Attempt to collect payment.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Record new commitment to repay debt.
- Send statements of delinquencies to customer
- Initiate repossession proceedings or hand over account to law practice that specializes in Print reports for management.
- Being organized
A minimum of 1-2 years accounts receivable experience/collections in a high volume environment within a large to mid-sized corporation
- Experience in logistics is a plus.
- Computer/technology skills QuickBooks Enterprise and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication and reporting skills required
Ideal candidate must be problem solving and solution oriented
- Good negotiator
- Admin Skills
High school diploma and / or AA Degree.
Pay $15.00 -17.00/hr Based on Experience