Fountain Inn, SC
Date Posted: July 23, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 294959
Monday - Thursday - 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
$13/hour - dependent on experience
Temp to hire
This position requires an individual to build wooden structures; build and repair wooden structures, or the wooden parts of structures. Work assignments are usually in the form of rough sketches or oral instructions and some will be accompanied by blueprints or drawings. The candidate is frequently expected to develop (with assistance) exact work designs from minimal description of the object.
A candidate may be expected to:
1. Set up and operate such woodworking machines as power saws, jointer, mortise, molder and shaper to cut and shape lumber from stock; trim component parts of joints to proper fit using hand tools such as planes, chisels or wood files.
2. Sand and scrap surfaces and joints of articles in preparation for finishing; install hardware such as hinges, catches, drawer pulls and knobs.
3. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. Additional duties that are not required, but good to have are:
1. Interpret blueprints and shop drawings to determine measurements and specifications required to construct or repair cabinets, shelves, fixtures, and other wooden articles using woodworking machines and hand tools.
2. Install laminate on finished items
1. 1-3 years’ experience in construction or building
2. Must be able to perform well under deadline constraints and meet quality standards.
3. If needed, willingness to work weekends and flex hours.
4. Proven mechanical aptitude.
5. Ability to read and write sufficiently to follow work-order instructions, read equipment manuals and prepare production reports.
6. Ability to work independently while utilizing problem solving, time management and organizational skills