San Jose, CA
Date Posted: January 26, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 295321
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
· Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or 2 years’ experience working in an administrative capacity.
· Responsible for sourcing and recruiting for open positions. Coordinate with hiring managers in regards to possible candidates and scheduled interviews.
· Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives and by meeting with management to discuss needs.
· Communicates with staffing agencies about open positions, potential candidates, and works with them to coordinate interviews.
· Builds applicant sources and attracts applicants by: (1) researching, (2) contacting community services, colleges, and employment agencies, (3) by recruiting on job posting websites, and (4) by attending career fairs.
· Maintains and updates job opening postings in company break rooms, and ensures that job opportunities on the website, social media and all other recruiting sites are up-to-date.
· Responsible for revising and updating job descriptions as needed for the Agency. Will work with management to ensure program level compliance.
· Facilitate the HR training program for management; schedule and coordinate trainings and ensure training plan aligns with Agency needs.
· Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data as needed. Assist with HR audits and Agency audits as necessary.
· Provides administrative support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and ordering supplies.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
· Able to take meeting minutes for confidential meetings, investigations, and disciplinary meetings.
· Able to maintain confidential composure with handling sensitive employee matters and information.
· Maintain confidential and legal filing of all employee documentation; complies with record retention practices.
· Provide support to HR management and the Board of Directors as needed for administrative tasks and projects.
· Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
· Maintains technical knowledge through continued professional growth by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, and webinars.
· Completes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for recruiting efforts, office supplies other HR materials.
· Facilitate Agency events and coordinate efforts with other staff and vendors.
· Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
· May provide back-up coverage for reception or administrative support other departments as needed.
· Additional duties may be assigned as required.