Salary: $18 - $22
Date Posted: January 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 295362
PrideStaff is seeking a machinist for a temporary to hire opportunity. Candidates should know how to operate vertical mills, run lathes as well as CNC Machines. Our cllient will consider applicants whom are less experienced and more experienced. Based upon experience, the pay rate will range from $16 to $22 per hour.
- Set up and operation of conventional lathes.
- CNC set up and operation knowledge a plus but not needed.
- Ensure all relevant drawings, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing.
- Operating the machine safely and competently in accordance with manufacturers’ operating instructions and ensuring that good safety and housekeeping.
- Ensure all components produced meet specifications using appropriate measuring equipment such as (Micrometers, Vernier, Height Gauges, Bore Gauges and etc).
- Must be able to select suitable tools and inserts and cutters.
- Candidates will be required to work within very close tolerances and be able to work in a production setting to meet on going production quotas.
- Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or standard charts to determine specification procedures.
- Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Monitor tool wear, change tools and inserts as required.
- Good work ethic and flexibility to work overtime and shift is a must.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to contribute to continuous improvement techniques to improve output, quality, cost and delivery.
- To avoid the rejection and maintain the quality at production.
- Must be able to read & understand drawing and handle measuring instruments.
- To have basic knowledge about manual milling and lathe machine.
- Good discipline and cooperation with others
- 3 to 5 years experience in manual machining
At PrideStaff, we recognize and appreciate our team member’s hard work and enthusiasm! Therefore, we are proud to offer the Manual Machinist Employee a comprehensive benefits package!
Benefits available to the Manual Machinist Employee include:
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!