Date Posted: January 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 295583
A local steel plant is looking to hire a crane follower. This is a temporary to hire position that pays $13 per hour and a possible increase after hire. Must be available to work any shift. After getting on board this company has great benefits, dental,vision, medical and 401K and 10 holiday pays plus be a member of the union. Does this sound like you?
- Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane cab- or ground controlled to lift, move, and position loads, like machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, like hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket.
- Observes load hookup determines safety of load
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls, like pedals, levers and buttons, to regulate speed & direction of crane hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions
- Cleans and maintains crane hoisting mechanism
- Inspects crane for defective parts notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions
- May attach load to hook or other crane accessory prior to operating crane
- Must have prior mill experience
- Prior crane experience is helpful
- Ability to stand on feet for hours of the day
- Ability to move around the warehouse
- Ability to work in a loud, fast paced mill