Date Posted: February 6, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 295686
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our growing Plano client in search of a motivated Staff Accountant to join their team! This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
Competitive compensation and great benefits! Located in the heart of shopping & dining @ the Shops of Legacy!
The Accountant is responsible for the preparation of monthly reporting of the managed properties.
- Oversee accounting for a portfolio of managed hotels; coordinate closely with hotel accounting team and general managers to ensure revenues and expenses are recorded and allocated accurately and submitted timely.
- Calculate and post monthly, quarterly and annual accruals.
- Perform monthly closing duties.
- Review the hotel general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for corrections.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure hotels are reviewed/closed on or before the assigned due date.
- Perform monthly cash, credit card and inter-company account reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations by assigned due date.
- Responsible for completing monthly bank reconciliations by the assigned due date.
- Resolve reconciling items through research and initiate adjustments as needed by payroll, A/P, or GL.
- Prepare financial statements and review for significant discrepancies to either correct or explain.
- Verify the accuracy of period-end data; provide explanation for variances to budget and prior year.
- Audit paperwork to ensure compliance with company document management and retention policies.
- Prepare and present financial statements to Management.
- Research and investigate inquiries presented by properties, regional operations managers and/or owners.
- Research and provide documentation to Management for internal and external auditors.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- Previous accounting experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Public accounting background a plus!
- Experience in multi-unit, real estate or hospitality accounting environment a plus.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Clear understanding of General Ledger concepts.
- Ability to work with deadlines and take a creative approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour work week.