Salary: $19.00/hr - $22.00/hr (based on experience)
Date Posted: April 6, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 295690
PrideStaff is currently seeking a reliable and experienced CNC Machinist to program, set-up and operate CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes in a "job shop" environment at an established and extremely reputable company in Fenton, MO.
*** CNC Mills programmer, set-up, operator ***
*** CNC Lathes programmer, set-up, operator ***
- This job requires in-depth thought processes involving machining of many types of materials
- Fabricate machine parts from scratch (raw material) from drawings
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part program.
- Demonstrated experience with G-Code programming, MasterCam a plus
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads
- Measure and evaluate of parts using precision measuring devices including calipers, micrometers and gauges
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Position requires a strong work ethic, a pronounced ability to learn, good problem solving and communication skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience programming, set-up and operating CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes
- Experience with Mazak preferred
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand up to 8-12 hours a day
- Must have consistent and reliable means of transportation
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Must provide 2 work references (no personal references please)
Why PrideStaff? At PrideStaff, we work for YOU!! PrideStaff is a national staffing company that has been helping job seekers find meaningful and fulfilling work in their desired field since 1978. With branches and across the U.S., our locally-owned and operated offices are plugged into the community. Our recruiters are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with leading employers.
For information on additional job opportunities, please visit our website: http://www.stlouisstaffingagencies.com