Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 296315
Machine Shop Lead
For the past 50 years, our client has built its reputation on quality, ingenuity, and integrity. With industry-leading engineering and customer service that dentists rely on. Their products are American-made, designed and manufactured in Hillsboro, Oregon. The company is known for caring about its employees and providing a rewarding place to work and grow.
The Machine Shop Lead is responsible for managing the flow of tooling, materials, and shop supplies in and out of the Machine Shop. As the lead, you will provide effective leadership and manage the personnel who set-up, operate and maintain the various machines in the machine shop. Teamwork in our organization is key to our success and this role works closely with the General Manager and Director of Operations to ensure shop safety, product quality, on-time delivery of product, and the product produced per costing standards. The Machine Shop Lead is responsible to ensure all equipment, machines, fixtures, and tools are in good and proper working order. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with operation of 3 and 4 axis CNC Machines and Swiss Style Screw Machines (i.e. Programming, tool setup, editing and inspection in prototype and production environments. Experience with FANUC and Brother Controls a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using conventional machinery (engine lathes, turret lathes, vertical milling machines, horizontal and vertical saws).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing schedules, workflow, safety, personnel and equipment.
- Experience with 3D software applications such as SolidWORKS a plus.
- Ability to set up, program, operate and troubleshoot CNC mills and lathes independently.
- 2 to 4 yrs of proven ability to manage; safety, maintenance of the machine shop and a team.
- Define and execute lean manufacturing processes that reduce set up time and machining time through process improvements.
- Keep work area organized, clean up at end of shift and promote 5S within the plant, and participate in various Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Must be able to read prints with GD&T tolerances, Inspect first article, in-process, and completed work for conformance to specification using precision tools such as calipers, height gauges, micrometers, rulers etc.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Knowledge of Excel/Word/Outlook/PC Office Systems.
- Responsible for managing all Machine Shop employees.
- Prioritize of all in house work orders.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelors Degree is highly desired, but not required.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience and proven performance.
- Should possess strong calculative and analytical skill sets.
Health, dental and vision coverage, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts,
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Target: $24.00/hr