Kettleman City, CA
Salary: $52K to $62K DOE
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 296513
Client in Avenal/Kettleman City is searching for a Staff Accountant. This candidate will be responsible for analyzing financial information to assess how certain factors affect the organization; implementing strategies to control or reduce costs, and adhering to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles when performing accounting functions. The Staff Accountant provides administrative and technical support to various departments as needed
Summary/Qualifications: Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of recent, relevant accounting experience, supervisory experience and a 4-year degree in related field. Software: Microsoft Dynamics SL & Microsoft Office. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze trial balance and detailed general ledger accounts for unusual amounts or amounts posted to incorrect accounts on a monthly basis.
- Generate detailed expense reports as requested by Controller for evaluating budget variances and for new crop year budgets.
- Assist plant management with inventory physical count reconciliations to MS Dynamics SL balances and recording.
- Reconcile accounts receivable collections and related broker commissions due. Review automated broker commission statements for discrepancies including incorrect commission rates.
- Contact customers with balances past due to resolve issues and collect payments.
- Calculate production hours and prepare reports on weekly hours worked.
- Provide administrative support by inputting and updating information in Time America time keeping system.
- Assist in the development of the organization’s budget through analysis of available resources and forecasting of needs and costs
- Evaluate financial information and conduct shrinkage analyses to identify budget deviations.
- Prepare general ledger entries with proper documentation supporting each entry.
- Respond to customer, vendor, and staff inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Set up new A/P vendors and maintain existing vendors.
- Code all accounts payable invoices with proper expense accounts and vendor IDs.
- Review A/P invoice coding and process vendor vouchers & purchasing receipt batches/release.
- Ensure proper and accurate allocation of direct labor related costs to cost centers.
- Prepare regularly scheduled payrolls including review payroll system attendance information, in order to process regularly scheduled payrolls – including factoring in paid time off for employees (bereavement leave, jury duty, sick leave, vacations, etc.)
- Analyze and reconcile payroll data and prepare quarterly payroll tax reports.
- Prepare payroll taxes and deposits according to the IRS/CA state applicable deposit schedule, in order to prevent penalty fees.
- Maintain petty cash box, record information, and process deposit slips on a weekly basis. Retrieve vending machine funds, record information, and process deposit slips on a weekly basis.
- Perform level one reviews of grower delivery paperwork ensuring forms contain accurate and complete information.
- Prepare Quarterly Payroll Tax returns & W-2’s
- Provide reporting and financial analysis support to other departments ad hoc.
- Posts cleared accounts payable checks from daily Bank report into the outstanding check system.
Marginal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of department staff by providing supervision and training as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Controller with financial data analysis, and other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Accounting of Finance field.
- Must have strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and basic accounting procedures and best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
Essential Position Requirements:
Possess analytical skills to identify problems and opportunities, reviewing possible alternative courses of action before selecting one, utilizing information resources available when making decisions. (F)
- Possess good communication skills to effectively convey ideas, both written and oral. (F)
- Be able to effectively read and understand written information, including memos, reports, and bulletins. (F)
- Mathematical ability to calculate basic arithmetic problems without the aid of a calculator. (F)
Possess problem-solving skills to develop feasible realistic solutions to problems, recommending actions designed to prevent problems from occurring, and referring problems to upper management when necessary. (O)
- Possess planning and organizing skills to develop long-range plans to solve complex problems or take advantage of opportunities, establish systematic methods of accomplishing goals. (S)
- Possess creative decision-making skills to evaluate or make independent decisions, based on experience or knowledge, without supervision. (O)
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions verbally or in written form. (S)
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines balanced with a strong attention to detail and quality. (O)
Salary: $52K to $62K DOE
If interested please apply with detailed resume to be considered.