Salary: $120-140K + Commission + Bonus
Date Posted: January 25, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 296944
VP of Sales
Provide leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions. Develop and implement sales strategy. Monitor and analyze sales activity against goals.
- Direct and coordinate company sales and marketing functions.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Direct and oversee the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify sales and marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development.
- Overall responsibility for the preparation and presentation of all sales quotes, bids, etc. in accordance with general company directives.
- Identify and develop new products, services and new markets.
- Develop leads and motivate a national sales representative organization.
- Supervise a Customer Service organization, including resolution of customer complaints.
- Responsible for the preparation of customer requested sales and saving analysis, pricing comparisons and reviews.
- Ability to design, prepare and lead simple to complex sales presentations.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs, and communications efforts, to include public relations and community outreach.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Some overnight travel may be required (not more than 25%).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generate ideas for Sales Campaigns
- Supervise and mentor a sales team
- Recruit, train, supervise, mentor, and evaluate department staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Masters Degree in Marketing and ten years of experience in a senior-level sales and/or marketing position.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree as a minimum.
- Sales managerial experience of seven years or more.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.