Date Posted: January 25, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 296982
Dispatcher - 1st Shift
$14 to $16 DOE
7 am to 6 pm (on call after hours)
Dispatcher Job Summary: Schedule and coordinate the transportation of freight in order to meet the customer’s time sensitive needs in a safe manner.
Dispatcher Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Plan, organize, and manage the work of the drivers to ensure that work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Prepare daily work schedules for drivers.
- Monitor driver personnel and equipment and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Provide and negotiate freight quotes for customers and brokers within the guidelines of company policy.
- Understand company costs / truck costs in order to effectively manage freight rates.
- Provide quality customer service to all of our customers.
- Promote safe work activities by understanding company policies, attending company safety meetings and understanding driver hours of service.
- Verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Serve as a contact person for all drivers.
- Monitor operations to ensure that drivers comply with company policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, peers and drivers to provide relevant information.
- Provide guidance, direction and motivation to drivers. Including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.