Peachtree City, GA
Date Posted: January 25, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 296987
This position is to supply, prepare and perform laboratory assays according to the standard operational procedures under the direction of Project Manager and/or Laboratory Assistant Manager. Helps organizing laboratory in cleanly manner. Also, requires to support microbiological analyses carried out in the laboratory as part of technical service to customers.
Primary Job Functions (75%)
Supply various Microbiological growth media, other laboratory solutions and clean instruments on timely manner, preparing necessary set-up and clean-up for fast-paced daily analyses.
Carrying out technical service operations to support R&D team, such as egg quality test, DNA extraction and product analysis etc., in accordance with the authorized standard operational procedures.
Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities for smooth and safe operation of the R&D team such as supplying clean instruments for the analysis, have proper knowledge of dis-positioning hazardous biological and chemical wastes, preparing Petri dishes, and maintaining inventory of the lab by keeping records accurately.
Demonstrate consistency and accuracy with high level of recording numbers. Must be able to solve simple mathematical calculations.
Secondary Job Functions (25%)
- Keep management informed by reporting problems to management verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and miscommunication.
- Performs general administrative duties: Filing, copying, and maintaining documents.
- Associate's degree or higher is preferred; and 2 years lab experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Microbiology (Bacteriology and Molecular Biology)
- Food/Feed Science
- Aseptic Technique
- Plate Media preparation
- CFU enumeration
- Microscope investigation
- DNA extraction
- Endpoint PCR and quantitative PCR