San Jose, CA
Date Posted: January 26, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 297213
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
· Prepares orders for shipping. Completes appropriate documentation for shipping.
· Assists in the preparation of International shipments.
· Assists in other areas of the Logistics Department as requested.
· Pulls samples for cyclic updates.
· Performs inventory moves and completes required data entry.
· Locates product from receiving into appropriate locations and completes required data entry and paperwork.
· Performs daily cycle counts and reports results to inventory supervisor. Investigates problem areas and resolves discrepancies.
· Pulls and locates product for work centers and completes required data entry and paperwork.
· Locates stock and fills stock shipping orders.
· Responsible for keeping product storage organized and clean.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have excellent visual discrimination and manual dexterity.
· Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Must have PC and word-processing experience.
· Must have ability to interface effectively with management and fellow employees.
· Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
· Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
· Must have ability to safely operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on forklifts and other warehouse machinery.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
· Prior forklift operation experience required.
· Minimum one year warehouse or related work experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
· Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
· Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions.
· Must be able to work in dusty hot or cold conditions.